Get your business 'Ready To Tender' with this online guide, designed to help South Australian businesses navigate the government procurement process.
Via an easy to access and navigate online platform - the SA Product + Services Register - South Australian based businesses can profile their business for free, highlighting what local products and services they sell.
The Industry Advocate’s main priorities are to:
- Promote competitive, capable local businesses to government purchasers and private sector companies delivering contracts on behalf of the government
- Recommend reforms to procurement and contracting practices to ensure local businesses are not disadvantaged,
- Ensure local businesses have a full, fair and reasonable opportunity to win work on major projects under the South Australian Industry Participation Policy.
An objective for the Office of the Industry Advocate is to support the development of the advanced services sector, and importantly leverage opportunities for innovation.
A growth and innovation objective can apply to all strategic public sector and private projects supporting innovation local businesses through their procurement decisions.
A key to successful procurement for innovation is the “intelligent customer” who is able to demand, source and identify potential new solutions, and can specify and manage contracts of this kind throughout their life-cycle.
The Industry Capability Network is a business network that introduces companies to projects large and small, they offer a business source for suppliers and a search service for project managers – click here to learn more today.
- Testimonial - BlueScope We would like to congratulate the Office of the Industry Advocate for their ongoing collaboration with industry and particularly the steel sector. Ian has been instrumental in recognising the importance of the steel industry locally by making changes to the South Australian Industry Participation Policy, as well as supporting the sector with small steel manufacturing.
- Case Study - Steventons Construction Group Steventons Construction is a family owned and operated business that has been building in South Australia for 20 years. Since commencing as a boutique design and construction company, Steventons have grown to become one of Adelaide’s successful and award winning builders. The company continues to work with local small to medium ... Read More