You can’t buy Happiness, but you can buy Local and that’s kind of the same thing.
The Industry Advocate’s main priorities are to:
- Promote competitive, capable local businesses to government purchasers and private sector companies delivering contracts on behalf of the government
- Recommend reforms to procurement and contracting practices to ensure local businesses are not disadvantaged,
- Ensure local businesses have a full, fair and reasonable opportunity to win work on major projects under the South Australian Industry Participation Policy.
An objective for the Office of the Industry Advocate is to support the development of the advanced services sector, and importantly leverage opportunities for innovation.
A growth and innovation objective can apply to all strategic public sector and private projects supporting innovation local businesses through their procurement decisions.
A key to successful procurement for innovation is the “intelligent customer” who is able to demand, source and identify potential new solutions, and can specify and manage contracts of this kind throughout their life-cycle.
- Testimonial - Liddiard Group We are very appreciative of the practical and strategic work the Office of Industry Advocate does in supporting the potential for our Aboriginal owned small to medium enterprises. It is this strategic support that will help our business to grow and increase in capacity to employ more Aboriginal workers across South Australia.
- Case Study - Rapid Global Rapid Global’s engagement with the Northern Connector Project began with the roll-out of our Rapid Induct software, allowing for all employee and contractor workers involved in the project to be inducted online, as well as track their licences and competencies. Rapid Induct was our company’s first product, and was developed ... Read More