You can’t buy Happiness, but you can buy Local and that’s kind of the same thing.
The Industry Advocate’s main priorities are to:
- Promote competitive, capable local businesses to government purchasers and private sector companies delivering contracts on behalf of the government
- Recommend reforms to procurement and contracting practices to ensure local businesses are not disadvantaged,
- Ensure local businesses have a full, fair and reasonable opportunity to win work on major projects under the South Australian Industry Participation Policy.
An objective for the Office of the Industry Advocate is to support the development of the advanced services sector, and importantly leverage opportunities for innovation.
A growth and innovation objective can apply to all strategic public sector and private projects supporting innovation local businesses through their procurement decisions.
A key to successful procurement for innovation is the “intelligent customer” who is able to demand, source and identify potential new solutions, and can specify and manage contracts of this kind throughout their life-cycle.
- Testimonial - Seeley International The new SA Product Register not only recognises the important contribution Seeley International makes to the State’s economy, by highlighting products that create the most jobs in the State, but also raises our profile with architects, quantity surveyors, project managers and designers.
- Case Study - Steventons Construction Group Steventons Construction is a family owned and operated business that has been building in South Australia for 20 years. Since commencing as a boutique design and construction company, Steventons have grown to become one of Adelaide’s successful and award winning builders. The company continues to work with local small to medium ... Read More