What Do We Achieve
Since the introduction of the Office of the Industry Advocate we have achieved to following:
- The South Australian Government has strengthened the Industry Advocate’s power to ensure contractors on government projects comply with industry participation commitments to use local workers and suppliers.
- Almost 75% of South Australian Government goods and services were supplied by companies with a predominant workforce within South Australia.
- Rolled out the South Australian Steel Industry Small Grants Scheme with 25 businesses sharing a total of $275,000 in grants, enabling them to create a potential 50 new jobs.
- Since the Aboriginal Economic Participation Initiative was established in April 2016, 33 businesses have been successful in quoting or tendering for work with South Australian Government and a total of 74 businesses have listed on Aboriginal Business Connect.
- Meet the Buyer events, since 2016, have attracted more than 1800 attendees aiming to improve their chances of winning government work by matching their product or service to South Australian Government buying requirements, and Supplying to Government Workshops have attracted over 300 attendees to help improve the capabilities of local suppliers tendering for government opportunities.
- Testimonial - Civil Contractors Federation SA Don’t ever think that the role of the Industry Advocate is not making a serious difference, because it is. The Industry Advocate is an important voice for many civil contractors who otherwise wouldn’t get a look in.