What We Do
The Connecting with Business Program builds relationships between key State Government buyers and local businesses to help small business capitalise on opportunities from the South Australian Industry Participation Policy.
Through recent changes to the policy, for all purchases above $550,000, the Government must determine if there is a business in the state or region that can deliver the product or service.
The Government must also ensure at least one business in the state or region is asked to quote for work for all purchases. This ensures businesses employing South Australians are given a ‘fair go’ at winning contracts. The only exception is when no such business exists in the State.
The State Government is a large and complex organisation for business to navigate. A sound understanding of how the government works can be a key factor in whether business is successful in quoting or tendering for goods and services or construction works.
The program aims to:
- be the first point of contact for businesses wanting to sell to the State Government
- help businesses make the right connections in the State Government
- place locally based businesses at the heart of acquisition planning
- provide opportunities for local businesses to improve their tender skills
- promote better feedback to businesses that do not win contracts.
The Office of the Industry Advocate also runs a number of other initiatives, including Supporting the Steel Industry and Regional Development, to learn how your business can get involved follow the above links, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8226 8956.