Supplying to Government
Supplying to Government Magazine & Meet the Buyer Briefings
The procurement of goods and services for the South Australian Government has a substantial connection to the South Australian economy, amounting to more than $11 billion annually.
To continue to provide information to business and industry about up coming procurements, assistance available for businesses and how to get involved in supplying to government, the Office of the Industry Advocate has developed the new Supplying to Government Magazine and a series of videos with State Government Procurement specialists.
View the latest release below:
Meet the Buyer
Learn more from Procurement specialists within State Government on:
- How State Government agencies identify local businesses
- Feedback on tender submissions
- Assistance with quotes and tenders
- How a business can approach a State Government Agency for the first time
- How to access forward procurement plans
Meet the Buyer: SA Health, Procurement Specialist Services – Suzanne Johns
Meet the Buyer: Department for Education, Chief Procurement Officer – Nathan Hawkes
Register with our database to ensure your kept up to date on the latest releases.
Supply to Gov Workshops
One of the roles of the Industry Advocate is to build the capability and capacity of businesses based in South Australia to participate in government contracts. To help achieve this, the Industry Advocate runs Supply to Gov workshops.
As a potential supplier to the government you need to know who to contact, importantly, how to find business opportunities to effectively compete as well as understanding the rules and processes.
If you are interested in working with the State Government, attending a Supply to Gov workshop is a great place to start, as it covers;
- how the government market works,
- knowing your customer,
- understanding the process,
- finding opportunities,
- building relationships, and
- tendering to win.
To learn more, contact the office on 8226 8956 or register to receive updates here.
Currently, Supply to Gov Workshops are being held virtually online. To watch a recording of a recent Supply to Gov Workshop CLICK HERE or on the image below.
- David Liddiard Group The Meet the Buyer events are incredibly helpful for us as an Aboriginal owned business to have strategic conversations with key personnel from the State Government and industry around how to position ourselves to win work. We can do a month’s worth of meetings and information sharing in a single morning. Incredibly effective. Read More